Other Procedures That Can Be Performed With A Band-Aid Facelift
If you are in your 40s, 30s, or even 20s, and have begun to notice fine lines and wrinkles, you are not alone! In fact, most men and women develop the earliest signs of aging on their face and neck. For some people, topical agents and over-the-counter remedies may be enough to address or conceal their symptoms for a while, but eventually, many of us will need some form of professional treatment to turn back the clock. Double board-certified and fellowship-trained plastic surgeon Dr. Marisa Lawrence, founder and sole surgeon of Marisa Lawrence Plastic Surgery, is proud to offer a long list of surgical, minimally invasive, and noninvasive options to help Atlanta, GA patients slow down the signs of aging, rejuvenate their skin, and look – and feel – better than ever!
While a traditional facelift, also known as a full facelift, can certainly result in a dramatically improved appearance, some patients, understandably, may not be ready, willing, or able to commit to such an extensive procedure. Financial limitations or the inability to take time off of work are some of the more common scenarios that may prevent someone from being able to undergo a full surgical facelift. In these cases, the Band-Aid facelift may be a fantastic option for effectively addressing a variety of complaints in a more affordable and less time-consuming way.
What is a Band-Aid facelift?
A mini facelift, sometimes referred to as a Band-Aid facelift, is a less involved surgical facelift technique that is designed to address complaints on the lower portion of the face. Using smaller and thinner incisions compared to those required in a full facelift, Dr. Lawrence is able to enhance the appearance of a patient’s mouth, jawline, and jowls. Though the results of a mini facelift are more subtle than those of a full facelift, patients still enjoy a natural-looking, refreshed appearance with minimal scarring and a short recovery period.
How can a mini facelift help me?
It is important for patients considering a mini facelift to understand that the procedure only targets the lower area of the face and neck. Some complaints and concerns that can be addressed and corrected during a Band-Aid facelift include:
- Mildly sagging jowls
- Folds, wrinkles, and sagging skin in the lower cheeks
- Excess skin and drooping in the jawline
- Excess fat or skin in the upper neck
During your initial one-on-one consultation in Atlanta, GA, Dr. Lawrence will thoroughly evaluate your face, taking into consideration factors, such as skin laxity and the severity of your complaints, before recommending a surgical plan to best meet your needs and goals. In many cases, it may be beneficial to combine one or more complementary treatments with your mini facelift to maximize your results.
What procedures can be combined with a mini facelift?
Without a doubt, one of the most exciting aspects of modern cosmetic surgery is the ability to customize a procedure to each individual patient. When it comes to the mini facelift, there are a seemingly endless array of treatment options that can be performed simultaneously to further enhance the results of your procedure. Some of the treatments, both surgical and noninvasive, that are commonly added to a Band-Aid facelift to produce an even more striking result include:
- Injectable dermal fillers: Injectable fillers, such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® among others, are a fantastic and long-lasting option for treating wrinkles and adding volume to certain areas of the face. Oftentimes, injectable fillers are used to augment the lips and cheeks.
- BOTOX®: Neurotoxins and other injectable wrinkle relaxers, such as Dysport®, are effective in reducing the appearance of dynamic facial lines. These are commonly used on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Facial fat transfer: Also known as fat grafting, facial fat transfer is a valuable tool in restoring lost volume, which is a common side effect of aging. Most patients notice the first loss of facial volume in their cheeks.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing treatments, such as IPL, can address and correct wrinkles, acne scars, sun damage, and many other cosmetic issues.
- Microneedling: The various microneedling techniques available at Marisa Lawrence Plastic Surgery, including Radiofrequency (RF) microneedling, can rejuvenate the skin for a fresh, youthful, and glowing appearance on top of your surgical facelift results. Microneedling works by causing tiny injuries to the skin, which prompts the body to produce collagen, one of the essential components of healthy, beautiful skin.
- Blepharoplasty: When a mini facelift isn’t quite enough to address a patient’s full list of concerns, but a full facelift is too much, Dr. Lawrence may suggest adding an additional surgical technique to address an isolated area. For instance, patients who aren’t ready for a full facelift but do have droopiness or excess skin around the eyes may be candidates for blepharoplasty in conjunction with their Band-Aid facelift.
How do I find the best mini facelift surgeon in Atlanta, GA?
As with any procedure, your choice of surgeon matters. However, when it comes to having surgery performed on your face, selecting a highly qualified, certified, and experienced plastic surgeon is perhaps more important than ever. Call the state-of-the-art facility of Marisa Lawrence Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation with double board-certified and fellowship-trained plastic surgeon Dr. Marisa Lawrence and learn more about how combining your mini facelift with Dr. Lawrence’s impressive menu of breakthrough cosmetic and surgical treatments can give you the look you’ve always dreamed of!